I remember when my mom turned thirty. She got all kinds of "over the hill" memorabilia. She was officially "old." But she wasn't, and now, I don't feel old. In fact, I don't feel any different at all. I think I am even happy to turn the big 30. I've always been an old soul, so maybe now my body is just catching up with my soul. Either way, I greet 30 with a smile, and a happy, thankful heart.
We met the family at CedarRock for a birthday dinner of my choice, fried catfish. If you're gonna have a cheat day, you may as well do it right. Dinner was fabulous. Dessert was perfect. Amanda made my favorite, strawberry cake...with a big 30 on it in sprinkles.
It's been a great start to a new season, new year, new decade of my life. Seeing U2 in concert, a brand new fancy iron (thanks Mom), some fancy shades, a year's supply of candle tarts, a new skirt purse (thanks Amanda), a dozen eggs from "the girls," and a basket of fresh garden veggies. What more could a girl ask for...
But, there was more. My dad and Kim gave me "30 Things to Ponder," an origonal list of advice, life principles, and significant scriptures to reflect on. My dad also gave me one of his old bibles, with highlighting, notes, thoughts, cool saying on church signs, etc. all included with me in mind. He read, studied and notated in this Bible for a full year, every page, to be able to give to me. How cool of a gift is that?! I'm blessed indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment