Friday, September 30, 2011

Sam Snapshot: 11 months

We are nearing the one year mark and having so much fun!  Sam is growing so fast now and learning new tricks every day.  Some highlights of this month are:

  • He can say: hi, bye, uh-oh, mama, and dada.  I also think he's working on "ball" but I can't be sure.
  • We have officially made the switch to sippy cups, yay!  No more night time bottles, boo.  I kind of enjoyed the nightly cuddle time when I gave him that bottle.
  • His security "thing" has become his musical duck.  (Too bad it was a gift from the baby GUND nursery collection and I can't afford to buy duplicates.)
  • He can walk about 5 or 6 steps toward something that interests him.
  • He LOVES music and singing.  Michael and I wake him just about every morning to "This is the Day That the Lord Has Made" sing-off style.  Michael takes the beat box and I take the lead vocals, and Sam just about jumps out of his bed he's so excited!
  • He can wave bye-bye and blow kisses right on cue.  
  • He loves "breakfast club" with Kayden and Cameron.
  • He eats real food most of the time.  No more baby food jars for him.  Peas and mac-n-cheese are a favorite, along with Daddy's pancakes and nutri-grain bars.
  • We have TOP TEETH!  Just this week, both of his front uppers came through, just in time for some birthday cake and ice cream.  
  • His favorite toys right now are his wooden rocking horse and his play gym in his room.  He can get on and off his horse and rock all by himself.  He and Daddy play-wrestle in the play gym every night before bed.  
Some 11-month old pics of our boy:

This is my personal favorite...you can't tell who is hiding from whom!




No comments:

Post a Comment