Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I am Sam, ONE I am!

One short year ago, I finally met my boy.  One year later, I could not be happier being his Momma.  He is an absolute joy...when he feels well.  Today, however, on his first birthday, he doesn't feel well.  So, Momma had to stay home from work with her sick boy on his first birthday.  Isn't that terrible? :)

We started off the day with birthday breakfast wearing his birthday hat his teacher gave him from school.  Thanks Morgan!

We just took it easy today.  He wanted to stay in my lap the whole day and cuddle.  I know that means he really doesn't feel well, but I sure do love the snuggle time.  We loaded the couch up with blankets and watched his new Veggie-Tales movie he got for his birthday, "Pistachio, the Boy Who Wouldn't."  

We also visited the doctor to see what was wrong with Sam.  Turns out, cutting three upper teeth at the same time will make any baby feel lousy.  No flu, no strep.  Just a low grade fever, a lot of drooling, and an overall whiny birthday boy.  

And, what do two parents who are desperate to stop the whining and have a good first birthday do to put a smile back on the boy's face???

We strap a beach umbrella to his new wagon that he loves, and take the boy for a walk...in the rain.  This makes for a pretty priceless first birthday memory.





And, that smile, was well worth it!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! And a great birthday memory - the walk in the rain. I hope he's feeling better!! -Meagan

    ReplyDelete