Friday, July 26, 2013

A Look at Lucy - 3 months

My baby girl is growing up so fast! In a flash, Lucy is three months old and learning and doing new tricks every day.  She's such a wonderful baby.  She takes a house full of boys like a champ.  She can sleep through just about anything, although she doesn't like to nap much during the day.  

Perhaps my favorite thing about Lucy right now is how she wakes up.  Without fail, she wakes with an ear to ear grin on her face and is overjoyed to see us at her crib side.  And, just as soon as I rush to get the camera to capture that adorable cheeky grin, it fades.  Figures.

Some stats and accomplishments from this month:
Height 24.5 inches Weight 14 lbs. 10 oz.
She can roll over from belly to back (and someone other than me has finally seen it too.)
She can sit in her Bumbo baby seat all by herself.
Jenny JumpUp?  Yep.  Loves it.
She can full on belly laugh now, usually at Evan or Daddy.
She pushes herself around the living room in her new (borrowed) walking toy.  Thanks Megan.
And, did I mention that smile?  Oh, how I love it.  Too bad I can't get it on camera.


And now, for shocker news:
I had a feeling something just wasn't right with Lucy, so I took her to the doctor.  No fever.  No real fussing.  Just a hunch.  Turns out my intuition was right.  Her inner ear was red, AND she's cutting her first two teeth!  I hadn't even thought about teeth.  I hadn't seen or felt them.  It's too early!  Well, there's a reason I hadn't seen them.  She's cutting her two upper canine teeth first.  Not your typical first tooth, but not unheard of. Looks like we will have a vampire baby for a while.
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment