Monday, March 31, 2014

Craft Night - Success!

Y'all, craft night was sooo much fun.  I don't even know where to start. Everything about the evening was special and inspired and joyful and soul-filling.  There's something to be said about quality time spent laughing with friends and creating something beautiful.

Our crafting spot was perfect!  Hand-picked flowers in mason jars and a little burlap invited all my girls to come in and create!  A special THANKS to CedarRock for allowing us to use your space.

A "Shine Your Light" parting gift for all the ladies.  Thanks Julia's Bakery.

This group got a sneak peek on our upcoming celebration plan for lil' Lu's first birthday.  
More on that tomorrow...

Handmade name tags for all

The supply table filled with fabrics, scraps, ribbons, yarns and all things embellishment

And my beautiful crafters







When I got home, it was baths for the kids, highlights for the hubs, and bedtime.  But, I couldn't sleep.  I kept thinking about all the different wreaths.  How each wreath perfectly suited its owner.  How beautiful they all were.  It reminded me of one of my favorite songs right now, Beautiful Things.  The melody is unique and the chorus lyrics are:
You make beautiful things, 
you make beautiful things out of dust.
You make beautiful things,
you make beautiful things out of us.

Remnants.  Scraps.  Ripped and frayed pieces of fabric.  Leftovers from other completed projects.  Twine.  Fancy strings.  Ribbon.  Old barn wood.  Made beautiful by crafty hands. 

I didn't get pics of all, but here's a few of our masterpieces…
Thankful for this night.  For good friends.  And, for a God who uses ALL things to make something beautiful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment