My sweet boy,
I won't lie, this birthday has been a hard one on your ol' Momma. I can't think about it too hard or too long or I'll just cry. You see, I love having you as my sweet little boy. And, there's something about you turning four that just doesn't seem so little anymore. You're not a baby now. You're a boy, all boy.
You kept asking how long it was until your birthday, so when October rolled around, I made you a countdown chart so you would know how many more sleeps until your birthday party. I'll never forget the night you marked off the "3" on your chart. My days with my sweet three-year old were drawing to a close, and I just teared up. You turned to me and grabbed my hand, and with all your sweet innocence, you said, "Remember Momma, we talked about this, I'll always be your baby, ok?" You promised me we could still hold hands in the parking lot and give hugs when I dropped you off at school. I'm gonna take you up on that, little man.

Daddy brought home birthday Dunkin Donuts for your Saturday morning birthday breakfast.
That face. How I love that sweet face.
Birthday measurement: 43 inches tall
Lucy joined in on the fun too (33 inches for her at 18 months old).
Since your first request of a camping party ended up being a rainy impossibility, plan B became Chuck-E-Cheese. If you asked once, you asked twenty times that day, "Is it time to leave for my party, yet?" A 4:00 party was a lifetime of waiting to my new four year old. It was worth the wait though :)
A boy, a few buddies, a table full of pizza and game tokens = birthday bliss
The birthday crew, or most of them anyway
An original Ninja Turtle birthday card from Kayden, the artist.
A hand decorated gift bag and card from Beck
A Nerf bow and arrow set from Nani
And candid fun shots of your family celebrating your big day with you...
New slippers on. New bow unwrapped. Immediate testing of new merchandise. Check.
New Ninja turtle four year old. Check.
As much as I'll miss the year that has passed, I don't dare look backwards for too long for fear of missing out on the new and exciting things you are doing and learning every day. You are so funny and smart, and I enjoy having real grown up conversations with you about your day, your friends, and new things you're learning.
You still love to snuggle up and watch movies. You still run up to me everyday when I pick you up from school shouting "Mommmmmy," followed by a running start tackle hug, which makes my day. You are fiercely protective of Lucy and would give her your last M&M without hesitation. She thinks you hung the moon and would follow you to the ends of the earth. You still do a happy dance when you find out it's a "stay home with Momma" day (Saturdays), and you'll take any chance you can get to snuggle up in our bed instead of yours.
I can't seem to find the right words to communicate how much I enjoy being your Momma. You make me smile, and you make me proud. Thank you for bringing so much joy to our home. Here's to another year of growing, laughing, learning, and loving together.
I love you like the sun loves the earth, sweet boy.


















No comments:
Post a Comment