Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sam Snapshot: 3 months

Today is Sam's 3 month birthday, and a lot of big things happened today I thought I would share...

 We started off the morning with a nap in the play gym and then read our very first book from the Imagination Library!  The Little Engine That Could came in the mail today.  Thanks Dolly Parton for making trips to the mailbox more fun!  I think Sam is really looking forward to getting new books to read every month.

After nap-time and reading, it took Sam by surprise that I was 
going to let him practice sitting up on his own.

...and here's how he really felt about it.

For the afternoon, we suited up to play in the snow again.  This time, we met up with the cousins and all went to CedarRock.  Gotta love being a teacher and getting to stay home on snow days.  Power-sledding and Kimmie's chili, here we come!

One tire tube + One John Deere Gator = Winter Fun on the Farm

 It was Cameron and Sam's first experience with Power-sledding...

 Sam and Mommy

Truth be told, Pawpaw and Sam both prefer the warmth of the fire back at the lodge.

 
Keith and Cameron drove Amanda and Kayden around in the fields.

Whether watching or sledding, everyone was having a great time!


Just as we were heading back inside for some chili, we noticed an "observer" who was watching us from the tree line...a skunk!  Not the best picture, but I gave it my best shot.  Only at CedarRock can you go sledding with skunks and enjoy every minute!

What a great way to celebrate Sam's quarter-year birthday!  

A "Sam Snapshot" at 3 months:
He laughs and smiles like nobody's business...
especially when Daddy sings to him.
He loves mirrors and looking at himself.
He sleeps through the night, about 10 hours total.
He constantly tries to put his whole fist in his mouth.
I think he started teething.
He still has a blocked tear duct - Ugh!
He weighs 15 pounds and wears 3-6 month clothes.
He LOVES a bath, doesn't even mind being sprayed in the face.
I think he has a crush on his daycare teacher.  Her name is Sam too!
And, for some reason, every time I brush his hair, he burps. Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment