Monday, February 21, 2011

4-Month Old Checkup

Here are the stats from Sam's 4 month checkup today...

We started bright and early this morning at the Vanderbuilt Eye Center where Sam was given the "thumbs up" on his vision.  He is tracking much better and both eyes are working together.  And, Sam's blocked tear duct seems to have healed itself.  Last Monday (Valentine's Day) his eye miraculously cleared up and we haven't had any problems since.  After four months, I can finally say, "Thank you Jesus for healing my boy!"

Next up, Dr. Sam's office for checkup and shots.  He weighed in at 17lbs. 8oz. and was 28 inches long.  That puts him in the 90th percentile in weight and off the top of the chart in height.  I think the Doc wanted to "counsel" me on his weight being too high until he charted his height.  Then, he didn't say anything else about it.  He tested negative for strep, which I just had last week.  But, he did seem to have a mild ear infection which I didn't even suspect.  He had no temperature, no fussiness, no nothing.  He doesn't get worked up about anything it seems.  He got a shot in each leg and only cried for a few seconds.  He is truly the bravest boy I know.  Now, it's home for a nap!

1 comment:

  1. he is a brave, gentle giant!

    Let me just add that he is 4 inches shorter and 5 pounds lighter than my 2 year old shrimp!

    I love me some little sam-bo!

    ReplyDelete