Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sam Snapshot: 8 months

We are two weeks into summer break and little Sam is officially 8 months old (on his sister's birthday.)  This has been a very eventful month in the Burtram house for sure.  I look forward to the rest of the summer and all the new tricks I will get to see Sam accomplish while I am home.  Here's a running list of  common practices at our house these days:
  • He held his first cicada. (and last for another 13 years, they are gone now)
  • He got his first tooth and then a second one week later.
  • He began crawling everywhere!
  • He can pull up and cruise around the furniture.
  • He went swimming in the river at CedarRock (or at least dipped his toes; the water was cold)
  • He speaks all kinds of jibberish words.
  • He lets me rock him to sleep (I'm gonna have a cuddler yet!)
  • He bangs his toys together over. and over. and over.
  • He can clap his hands when you sing to him.
  • He can play peek-a-boo and will chase us around every corner of the house.
  • He reaches for me when he wants me to pick him up.
  • He has a strange attraction to ostrich eggs.
  • He can stand up in his bed, and he grabs the rails and shakes them.  I can almost hear him saying, "Get me out of jail!"
As for some 8 month old pictures, here's a few I took today while we got the baby pool out.
 (Thanks Nani, we love it!)





And, how does a super mom know when water fun is over????

No comments:

Post a Comment