Sunday, June 19, 2011

Thankfully, HE is the Father

Precious is the promise of my heavenly Father.  God chose the role of "father" in the story of humanity and sees me as his child.  He loves everyone, but just like I love my own children a bit more, so does he...and I am His.  God also chooses our parents, our mothers and fathers.  And, whatever deficits we perceive in our mothers and fathers, God can fill.  (I take so much comfort in this truth, seeing as I am really shaping up to be a real mom-of-the-year here, but this post isn't about me...)

I also have the privilege of having several godly men, fathers, in my life.  Men of God make a difference.  A father imparts to his family a vision that directs his own life.  If a dad loves the Lord with his whole heart, his children will too.  (yet another truth I lean on since I have three young men of God to raise up)

I thank the Lord for my father, my husband, and many other great men in my life.  I am grateful for you.

For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name.  Ephesians 3:14-15


And now, some photos of Father's Day 2011:
One of the wisest men I know... feeding my son banana pudding. Nice.

After a huge shrimp boil feast, nothing is better than some playtime at CedarRock...

...and a gator-ride around the farm.

Fathers of the future, Kayden and Cameron

My love and my mini-Michael

Daddy B and Ginny, or Poppy and Gran (they answer to both)

Evan and Ethan, doing the Grandad wave


 For Father's Day, the boys painted Michael a new piece of pottery...

...with all the boys handprints and ages.


Happy Father's Day 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment