Sometimes I wonder about boys...
I didn't grow up with brothers, and boys had cooties until I was in 7th grade. So, I never paid them much attention when I was young. Now I'm covered up with growing boys who, by the way, respond very differently from girls when it comes to animals.
For example:
We see a goose by the pond at the park...Evan wants to see if he can kick it.
A dog crosses the road in front of our car...Evan says, "Just hit it."
They all LOVE to watch a good animal fight on NatGeo.
Kayden was the one who taught me that if you pull off the front right leg of a cicada,
his head will fall off.
So, this momma thought it would be a good idea to start off the new year serving...animals. We worked together and made a "food tree" for the animals at CedarRock to enjoy.
Cameron was our "taste-tester." He couldn't stop eating
the peanut butter and birdseed mixture.
Kayden and I strung Fruit Loops and Kix cereal to make "garland."
Pawpaw helped us choose this tree area by the activity barn to decorate.
Everyone was in on it...even my goose-kicker.
And for the top, a nice bagel hung on the tallest branch (we could reach).
Our finished "food tree" for the animals...
...and the little hands that made it!
(Yep, that's Cam in the background.)
Here's to being kind and not kicking, hitting, or disassembling animals in 2012.


No comments:
Post a Comment