Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sam Snapshot: 2 months




I'd like to begin this blog post by confessing this is NOT a picture of Sam at his 2-month checkup.  Smiling was out of the question at his real appointment.  This photo was taken in front of the Christmas tree the day before during some tummy time...when he had something to smile about.

Sam and I went to his 2-month old checkup by ourselves since Daddy was out of town working (lucky Daddy).  Dr. Sam already loves our little Sam because they share the same name and was glad to see us.  They checked his breathing, heartbeat, and took all his current measurements.  At two months old, he already weighs 13 pounds and is 24 inches long!  He grew two inches just this month!  Sam jumped up the growth(y) chart and now sits at the 90th percentile for height and weight.  It's a good thing his parents are going to teach him to be kind and loving, or he would make a good-sized bully!

After all the measurements came the fun part...the shots.  Sam was vaccinated for I don't know how many illnesses and diseases, but what I do know is it meant three shots for my sweet baby.  The nurse had me help hold him and he got two shots in one leg and one in the other leg.  Of course, he cried and I cried...and cried.  Amazingly, he settled down and even went to sleep within moments of receiving his new vaccinations, Mommy, however, continued to cry for at least another five minutes.  My boy is so brave.

Here are a few more 2 month old pictures of Sam...

Tummy time with some help from the boppy pillow

 Getting ready to go to church.  Bundled up in hat and mittens because it's snowing outside.  Sam's first snow, December 6th, 2010.

 Learning how to sit up watching Mommy wrap some presents for Christmas.

 Sam's favorite sleeping position...

 A visit to Nani's house for some TLC for a sick baby boy...Sam's first daycare cold.

Look at this pitiful face!  Sam may be sick, but his new pj's from Nani sure are cute!

1 comment:

  1. Daycare colds and shots are never fun, but the snuggle time afterwards is always the best. He is getting so big, and I do have to admit I am really seeing his daddy in him these days. I hope to see y'all soon.

    ReplyDelete