As I look back over this year, there are so many wonderful things that have happened. It may be safe to say it's been my best year yet! Ever since we were kids we have written down our "goals" for the next year and sealed them with a candle wax seal to be opened and read at the end of the year. It is always fun to see what we wanted to achieve in the new year and what was important to us at the time. When I was younger, a typical goal might be "stop fighting so much with my sister, even though it is usually her fault" or "make the honor role at school all year." Now, my goals are geared more toward financial, spiritual, and relational goals. This year, we are going to start a new tradition and begin "Loved, learned, and like to see happen" book. We will all write down what we loved about this year, what we learned in this year, and what we would like to see happen in the next year. I'm excited to see what everyone writes, and I know this will be a great keepsake for years to come. To brainstorm, I will start with a countdown of important events that happened in 2010...
10. one year of marriage down, many more to come
9. Michael started nursing school
8. school talent show performance to "Evolution of Dance" (while 5 months pregnant)
7. a fun-filled summer keeping Kayden and Cameron
6. a three-day yard sale that proved my husband can sell ice cubes to an eskimo
5. Michael and I experienced Character Quest for the first time as counselors, and loved it!
4. a major flea infestation at the Burtram house (thanks to Spanky and her kittens)
3. a dozen prenatal visits to check on "Hopper"
2. a classroom move to a brand new middle school
and the number one event of 2010...
1. adding a new member to the family!
No comments:
Post a Comment